Whether you’re visiting Unity Village for a wedding, meeting, retreat or just here to enjoy the beautiful campus on your own, we welcome you! Here are some helpful guidelines and information to to guide your visit:
- Please be respectful of others and refrain from excessive noise or loud music.
- Most campus buildings will be locked after normal business hours. If you need assistance or a public restroom, please visit either the Bookstore and Coffee Shop or the Hotel. You may also call Unity Security at 816-347-5535.
- Please do not climb on railings or flower urns, or wade in the fountains. For your safety, Unity Security monitors these areas.
- The grounds and buildings are smoke-free. A list of designated smoking areas is available at the Hotel and Conference Center.
- Please keep vehicles on paved roads and park only in designated spots. When walking, please stay on the trails.
- Unity Village doesn't charge a location fee to professional photographers but a donation is appreciated.
- Guests are welcome at our many benches and tables. Or bring a blanket/mat to enjoy the lawn.
- Do not bring outside alcoholic beverages.
- The nature trail covers 2.4 miles, and hiking is at your own risk. Deer, fox, raccoons, and snakes are commonly spotted on the trails. Please stick to the trails and bring your cell phone for emergencies.
- Fishing in the lakes is prohibited.
Download a copy of a self-guided campus tour brochure, or visit the Unity Village Bookstore and Coffee Shop for a printed copy.
While we continually work to improve our facilities to accommodate our guests with special needs, we respectfully ask that a responsible companion accompany guests using wheelchairs or walkers during their visit to Unity Village.
Pets are allowed on the Unity Village grounds as long as they remain on a leash at all times. Dogs are not allowed inside any buildings on campus, including the Hotel and Conference Center, with the exception of dogs assisting persons with disabilities. Please clean up after your pets while here.
There are no ATMs available on campus. Cash (in U.S dollars), personal checks, American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the Bookstore and Coffee Shop and the Hotel and Conference Center.
Photography is an excellent means of extending the enjoyment of a visit to Unity Village. Unity encourages photography as long as it does not interfere with scheduled events, visitors/guests, or employees in their spiritual workplace. Unity welcomes professional photographers and their clients as well as amateur photographers to enjoy the beauty of the historic and picturesque Unity Village campus. Outlined below are photographer’s guidelines.
Rules and Regulations
- Please park in marked stalls only. Obey all handicapped parking rules. Do not block roadways or park on sidewalks. For your safety and that of your vehicle, do not park on or near the Unity Village Golf Course.
- Photographers are to remain on paths, grass, walkways, and accessible common areas at all times. Do not take photographs on the golf course.
- Photographers and equipment placement must not impede the flow of employee, vehicle, or visitor traffic.
- Flowers and plants (and related plant markers) must neither be removed, altered, nor treated in any manner that will interfere with normal growth.
- Photography is not permitted in the fountain courtyard area during scheduled wedding or event time slots.
- Photographers must not discourage other visitors, employees, or those attending scheduled events from entering any common area, structure, or roadway.
- Photographs of subjects in the Unity Village Chapel or other spiritual areas are not allowed. (Except as part of a scheduled rental event.)
- Photographers and subjects must not sit, stand, or lay on any structure or balustrade.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Photographers not adhering to the rules and regulations will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- When photo credit is given or tagged, it should be given as “Location: Unity Village, Missouri (unityvillage.org)” or #UnityVillage.
The above rules and regulations must be followed in order to ensure photographers and visitors will have optimum visual, spiritual, and educational benefits while on the Unity Village campus.